W Denis Insurance Brokers PLC ("us") is the data controller of your information and takes its responsibilities regarding privacy and security of customer information seriously. This policy explains how information about our customers is used and how we protect your privacy.
Collection of personal information
We collect personal data when you contact us using one of the forms or email links or request a quotation.
Use of personal information
The information we collect will be used as follows:
a) analysis of your application for insurance or other products and, if such application is accepted by us, for the creation, operation and administration of your insurance policy(ies)
b) to contact you and deal with any query you have raised
c) for statistical analysis and modelling
d) website functionality, business reporting and research into website usage
Disclosure of Personal Information
We shall not disclose any of your information outside our group (being, us, or subsidiaries, or holding companies and their subsidiaries) except:
- with your consent; or
- to insurance companies or Lloyd’s syndicates and other third parties for the purposes of evaluating your application for insurance or other products or claims, underwriting and for claims assessment and handling purposes; or
- to credit reference and fraud prevention agencies for the purposes of identity verification or confirmation. Such organisations themselves may record, disclose and use that information to lenders and insurers or third parties who may use that information for debt tracing and for the prevention of fraud and the prevention of money laundering; or
- to persons who act as our agents or other service providers in connection with the issue of your insurance policy(ies) or product purchase and the operation and administration (including claims handling) of that policy or product purchase or claims function; or
- to anyone whom we may transfer our rights and duties under any written agreement we may have with you; or
- for research, development and analysis purposes; or
- where we are required or permitted to do so by law or by our Regulator the Financial Conduct Authority.
If you purchase a W Denis Insurance Brokers PLC Travel insurance policy, it may be necessary for us to transfer your personal details to third parties in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Such countries might not have laws to protect your information. By your purchasing of a policy that includes the possibility of travel outside the EEA, you consent to us so transferring your information.
We will hold up to-date accurate information about you, as a policyholder or client, which you can check (in return for a reasonable fee) by contacting us at W Denis Insurance Brokers PLC, Brigade House, 86 Kirkstall Road, Leeds, LS3 1LQ. If the information about you is is incorrect or incomplete we will amend your information as soon as possible on your written instructions. To protect your privacy and security W Denis Insurance Brokers PLC may take reasonable steps to verify and confirm your identity before granting you access to your personal information or making the requested alterations.
Web site operation
When you access our web site, we shall record your IP address and collect information about how you use the web site. We will use this information for our research and analysis purposes.
Calls may be recorded and monitored for compliance and training purposes.
We may also use some or all of the data to send you information about products and services that might be of interest to you.
Should your details change, or, if your marketing preferences change, or, if you have a question about this privacy statement, please contact us via email to email@example.com or by post to W Denis Insurance Brokers PLC, Brigade House, 86 Kirkstall Road, Leeds, LS3 1LQ
We shall not provide your data to any third party for marketing purposes without obtaining your prior written consent. We shall not sell, rent or lease your personal information.
Links to other web sites
We are not responsible for the availability or accuracy or content of, or products and services available on those web sites.
We will follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
We also follow security protocols in the storage and disclosure of information which has been given to us, to provide an adequate level of security for that information.
It is important to remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. While we aim to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Credit Card Transactions
For on-line credit card transactions, we use third party services to encrypt your payment details utilising their SSL (secure socket layer) technology.
Changes to this Privacy Statement