As a British Gymnastics' club you owe a duty of care to your members taking part in Gymnastics. Furthermore, if you have employees or volunteers, then the law requires you to have Employers Liability Insurance.
The insurance we provide to British Gymnastics member clubs is summarised as follows:
- Legal Liability insurance - this indemnifies the club against claims or allegations of injury or damage, caused by you or your members, arising out of the BG recognised activities. The limit of indemnity is £15m
- Employers' Liability insurance - This indemnifies the club against claims from employees or volunteers who have sustained an injury or industrial disease as a result of their activities whilst working for you. The indemnity limit is £15m and this is a Statutory compulsory class of insurance.
- Management Liability insurance - the club and its committee members, trustees, directors and managers have a personal liability for any claim that is made against the club for breach of duty / wrongful acts in relation to:
- corporate governance
- mismanagement of the club finances
- breach of regulations
- corporate manslaughter
Cover is provided specifically to protect club officials and committee members. If your club is run as a registered charity, cover is included for the charity trustees.
- Legal Expenses insurance - covers specified legal expenses and provides professional advice on a range of legal matters including employment disputes (and subsequent compensation awards), defence of legal actions against the club and protection in the event of tax investigations. Cover is provided to a maximum limit of £50,000 per claim. The club is entitled to use a 24-hour legal advice helpline, which provides you with unlimited access to advice over the phone on any legal problem faced by the club.
It is essential that the club consults the legal advice helpline and follows the advice that is given before taking any action. The helpline number is 0117 9342111.
BG Clubs have access to information relating to debts and debt recovery, Ecommerce, employment, health & safety, intellectual property and property via DAS Business Law, along with additional resources.
- Law Guide - up to date legal resources
- Document Builders - to help you draft legal documentation
- Employment Manual - a comprehensive guide to UK law employment procedures
For more information and to register your club, click here
By registering with BG, the club has agreed to adhere to the following policies: